No Bake Coconut Hempnuts Bars
Anxiously awaiting snack time, only to be disappointed by a bland protein bar or overripe piece of fruit? Whether you’re eating on the go or munching after a workout, try one of these no-fuss, superfood-filled bars. Packing loads of nutritional and flavorful goodness, this healthy snack, disguised as a sinful dessert, will satisfy your sweet tooth without destroying your diet.
No-Bake Coconut-Hemp Bars
½ cup powernuts (hempnuts)
½ cup almond meal
2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
¼ cup dried cherries, chopped
¼ tsp. salt
¼ cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ cup coconut oil, melted
¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- Line a 9 x 5-inch pan with parchment paper, letting the paper run over the sides of the pan for easy removal later. Set pan aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine hemp, almond meal, shredded coconut, dried cherries and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine honey, vanilla extract and melted coconut oil. Mix in the dry ingredients until fully combined. Pour mixture into prepared pan and level the top.
- Chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- After chilling, use the parchment paper to pull the block out of the pan. Place it on a cutting board and let it sit for about 10 minutes to soften. Then, cut into bars.
- Use a double boiler or microwave to melt the chocolate chips. Carefully drizzle melted chocolate over bars and let sit for 5 minutes so the chocolate sets.
We eat so many hemp nuts that I buy the naturART brand in bulk in a 500g bag